LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS
– OHSA – 25(2)(A), (D) and (H), Section 27 & 28
– OHSA – Regulation 851 – Section 85
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and regular employees
- Three Basic Rights of Workers
- Regulation 851- sections that discuss the protection of workers who are working at heights
- What is Fall Prevention
- What is Fall Arrest
- How to use ladders safely
- Scaffold systems
- Elevated work platforms- tie offs and safe usage.
- Lifting Cages – the do’s and don’ts
- Protective covers
- Guardrail systems
- Travel Restraint systems
- Fall Arrest Systems including Life Lines
- Safe anchor systems
- Shock absorbers- do you have the right one?
- Fall Arrest Planning
- Emergency Rescue- Are you prepared?