This comprehensive course is designed for individuals with little or no lift truck experience. Comprised of intensive classroom instruction this course will include discussion with a written examination as well as a hands-on practical training and evaluation. Upon successful completion of the course, the operator will be presented with a lift truck certificate as proof of training.
The Forklift Training courses from RMG are OHSA based programs that teach pre-operation forklift inspection, safe operation requirements, proper forklift load handling, operating/moving the machine and hazard avoidance.
This Forklift Training course is designed using parameters set out by:
- CSA Standard B335-15 – The CSA Safety Standard for Lift Trucks (B335-15) identifies the knowledge, practical skills and evaluation requirements needed by lift truck operators. The practical evaluation of the forklift operator training course requires operators to demonstrate competency skill level equal or greater to the industry accepted measurements.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, REGULATION 851. INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS as it pertains to lift truck safety.
Forklift Training Course Outline:
- Course Introduction
- Related Government legislation
- Forklift Training Certification Safety Video
- Responsibilities of the workers, supervisors and employers
- Identify various types of lift trucks
- Pre-operational checks & Safe operating Procedures
- Inspection, maintenance, and records
- Lift capacity and load limitations
- Fuel safety for both electric and propane equipment
Up to 8 hours depending on participants’ experience levels
A passing grade of 75% is required in order to receive a certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a PDF wall certificate and PDF wallet card for their records