This 2.5- hour training module will review the methods of neutralizing different classifications of fires by using the appropriate type of fire extinguishers. With many different types of fires, it is important to use the appropriate type of fire extinguisher to avoid making matters worse.
The program is delivered by former fire fighters and is intended to teach you about the fire triangle, different types of fuel classifications, types of fire extinguishers, how to use a fire extinguisher and rules for fighting fires.
Outline of the Fire Extinguisher Safety Awareness Training Program
- An overview of the fire triangle and the what causes fires
- Identifies and describes the different types of fuel classifications
- Identifies and describes the different types of fire extinguishers
- Demonstrates how to properly handle a fire extinguisher
- Discusses rules for fighting fires
- Where client facilities allow and in accordance with local fire regulations a controlled burn is used for demonstration and student participation