|REPORTING TO:||President, with indirect reporting to VP-Operations|
|VACANCY TYPE:||FULL TIME/PERM|
About Raven Management Group- we are a full-service Safety, Security, OHS and HR Consulting Firm based out of Kitchener Ontario. With a diverse portfolio of clients are we always recruiting for various positions throughout Ontario.
We are currently assisting a Stoney Creek based client in finding an Estimator to join their growing team. Ideally, this person is an energetic- forward thinking individual with experience working within the construction industry. The right candidate must show that they are able to think outside the box while being a team player.
About my client- well known leaders in heavy equipment construction. Based in the Stoney Creek area this is a great opportunity to join a family owned company that is growing rapidly. Professional Growth opportunities are endless to those who will work hard and want it.
The Estimator will be responsible for the preparation of material and quantity take-offs from engineering and architectural drawings, as well as preparing product breakdowns for costing and all costs associated with tendered estimates.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaison with clients, build relationships with various stakeholders
- Read and interpret plans, proposals and other documentation to create bids.
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data. A solid Performa with data and numbers, knowledge of Microsoft Programs, 365, EXCEL, Windows and Estimating Software
- Recognize potenital impacts to projects when construction team and trades underperform
- Maintenance of job files, project digital database
- Attend project meeting’s, client meetings and senior management meetings when required
- Track job progress, changes, alert estimation manager and operations management to delays, issues etc.
- Process submittals and project approvals
- Work in compliance with InternalOHS policies
- Other duties which may be assigned by senior management on a project to project basis
- Hands on experience with flow charts, spreadsheets, technical documentation (blueprints/specs)
- Minimum 5 years of experience, preferably within larger construction projects
- Mandatory Heavy Bid/Bid to Win Experience
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong/above average math skills
- Education- College or post graduate degree preferably in civil Engineering, construction engineering technology or Architectural Technology
This position requires the employee to work mainly in an office environment with occasional site visits. Employee must be able to sit, stand for extended periods of time, possess a valid driver’s permit and the ability to work odd/ extra hours to accommodate project deadlines. Due to the nature of this position an enhanced reliability screening will be conducted prior to employment
Position requires high levels of mental acuity, keyboarding skills, ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time, occasional exposure to inclement weather may be required.
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their resume to email@example.com; please quote “Job Application – Estimator” in the subject line.