As Q1 2023 Comes to a close, RMG would like to remind all our clients that now is the time to review your policies and programs and ensure that all the required training is up to date before we enter into the busy season. These bulletins make excellent toolbox talks and may help identify safety issues on your site before they become injuries.
Core Safety Programs
- First Aid, Machine Guarding, WHMIS, Mobile Equipment, JOHSC training, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights, Hazard Awareness, Site specific requirements and CVOR.
- Ensure policies, programs are updated to reflect current operations and employees are trained and training is documented and updated policies are posted for employees,
- Many programs require that the associated equipment is also inspected such as lifelines, harnesses, first aid supplies, AED’s, PPE, Air monitors, vehicles, overhead cranes just to name a few.
In The News
- East way Tank & Company President charged in workplace fatalities.
- Ontario Minimum wage increasing
- Ontario requiring women’s only washrooms on construction sites
- More bulletins can be found on the MoL website.
BC & SK
- British Columbia and Saskatchewan will be revising the OHS regulations this year, stay tuned for updates
To learn more and for assistance preparing and implementing a sound safety plan and policies appropriate for your workplace, contact your RMG Consultant, or any member of the RMG team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll respond promptly.