“Delivering Cost Effective Training to Non-Profits, Small Business and Associations since 1996”
The Federal Government has introduced new training requirements for all employers; these new regulations are replacing the WHMIS program with the new Global Harmonization System (GHS), which became law in June 2015.
Compliance with these new regulations is expected by the end of 2015. As the year draws to a close, we are seeing a shortage of instructors and training material available. Demand is increasing dramatically as employers rush to meet the new legislative requirements.
These regulations require employers to deliver training (in addition to already mandated training) specific to the new chemical classes, chemical inventories, labelling, signage, training and internal requirements to switch from the WHMIS to the GHS program, a recent Ontario Health & Safety survey indicated that over 80% of Canadian firms are unprepared for this task,
Raven Management Group has been an OHS/HR Service provider to many small & medium size businesses, associations, boards and non-profit organizations since 1996 and understands that these training requirements may incur a financial or training burden for these firms.
RMG has developed an on-site program which addresses the training needs for such employers and provides the level of regulatory compliance that is required:
- 6 Hour Health & Safety training program for supervisors, Administration staff and unaffected employees.
- 6 Hour GHS training program for workers.
- Run concurrent courses (combination of each or same course in the same day and receive our reduced “day rate”)
- Transfer of current WHMIS inventory to SDS inventory, including SDS Binder and signage
- Combine worker, supervisor, administer training, WHMIS to SDS inventory transfer and associated documentation package
Agencies, firms or Commissions that can provide a CRA Charitable registration number may reduce the above costs a further 45% (conditions apply)
If you’d like to learn more about new Global Harmonized System regulations, and how we can help you with the changeover, please feel free to Contact Us.