Protect Your Business: Make Sure You’re in Compliance
Based on a recent OHS survey of Canadian businesses:
- 95% of safety managers and directors believe that the GHS transition is their biggest OHS concern for the remainder of 2016 and 2017
- Over 80% of safety managers and directors do not currently feel prepared for the GHS transition
Take this one-minute survey and see where you rank.
A ONE MINUTE GHS READINESS SURVEY
- I know that the GHS system covers all hazardous chemicals and may be adopted to cover chemicals in the workplace, transport, consumer products, pesticides and pharmaceuticals like in the US.
- I know GHS provides guidance on classifying pure chemicals and mixtures according to its criteria or rules.
- I know GHS also encompasses communicating hazards and precautionary information to all employees, including those that do not directly handle chemicals, and visitors/guests.
- I know how to properly identify a Safety Data Sheet.
- I can readily identify all of the GHS pictograms.
- I’ve started to prepare a comprehensive training plan for GHS.
- I’ve started to prepare a comprehensive transition plan for GHS.
- I’ve begun to educate and train employees on GHS.
- I’ve already started training employees on GHS.
- All my employees have access to current MSDSs.
- I’m ready to change from MSDSs to SDSs.
- I’m 100% confident in my ability to ensure appropriate control measures are in place to protect the health and safety of workers.
- I know the differences between WHMIS and GHS.
- I’ve already read the Purple Book.
- I’ve read the GHS criteria and my key employees are familiar with it.
- I know the relevant hazard data for any and all chemical ingredients and products in my workplace.
- I’ve reviewed the data in light of the classification criteria to determine the appropriate hazard classes and categories as per GHS.
- I have an up-to-date inventory of all controlled products and the statuses of their MSDS/SDS.
- I know the request for comments stage ended September 15th and that Health Canada is looking to synchronize Canada’s adoption of GHS with the dates already established in the US, and
- I’m not worried that it means GHS is right around the corner.
WAS ANY ANSWER NO? IF SO, YOU MAY NOT BE PREPARED FOR GHS
RMG has already assisted large and small firms transition to the GHS (WHMIS 2015) system. Contact us today at 226.972.1539 or at email@example.com and see how we can help you transition to the new regulations in a seamless and cost effective manner.